12 Month/12,000 Mile Nationwide Warranty
Air Conditioning Services in Central Texas
Heating and A/C systems require routine maintenance to help maintain your vehicle’s cabin temperature for the comfort of you and your passengers. Sims Automotive Repair offers Heating and A/C system repairs for Copperas Cove, Fort Hood, Harker Heights, Kempner, Killeen, Lampasas and surrounding areas.
What they do: Heating and A/C systems help to keep your vehicle cabin warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The air conditioning system additionally offers a dual function of working your defrost in the winter season. Heating systems are comprised of a blower motor fan, heater hoses, coolant, and a heater core that acts like a small radiator behind the dash. Air conditioning systems work similarly, by delivering refrigerant to the evaporator under your dash and then the fan blows cool air in the cabin. Unlike residential heating and cooling systems, your heater and A/C don’t completely operate off electric parts, however they make use of the engine’s heat energy and the engine’s cooling down capacities to alter the temperature.
Why service is essential: Heating and A/C systems could wear out gradually with usage. Hose and pipes can obstruct and leak if not serviced, leading to inadequate heating and cooling capabilities.
Best ways to know if your heating and A/C system is having troubles:
- Air conditioning blows just a little cooler than the air outside
- Air that blows in smells moist, rotten, or like mildew
- Your cabin does not warm up in winter or is just somewhat warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer compared to normal to operate, blows in filthy air, or doesn’t work
- Your heating unit or A/C only operates when driving, not when idling, or stops blowing when the vehicle is idling
- Your heater blows chilly air or the A/C blows warm
- At the greatest setting, your vents don’t push out much air
Our assessment of heating and a/c systems include:
- Checking the interior and blower
- Inspecting radiator coolant level, hoses and pipes, pressure cap, and thermostat
- Examining the compressor belt
- Checking for leaks or additional damages.
- A cooling system pressure examination
- Contrasting the air conditioning pressure to producer specifications
- Testing the A/C system for refrigerant holes
- Check the interior vent air temperature
Call Sims Automotive Repair to schedule your heating or air conditioning checks prior to the upcoming season to guarantee you have the most comfortable driving experience.
WHY CHOOSE US?
After being surrounded by automobiles for so many years, we have become at home in the shop. We love what we do, and we hope our pride and passion shines through in all of our work. With 65+ years combined automotive experience, we have a reputation you can trust.
All of our highly skilled technicians are ASE Certified. This means that you can trust us to put your sweet ride back in working order, every single time. The ASE Blue Seal of Excellence is a symbol you can trust, and we put in a ton of time and you can be guaranteed we put the effort into perfecting our craft.
All of our technicians live in and love Texas, just like you. We want every single customer to leave satisfied and drive easy knowing their parts were installed correctly. If you have any doubts, or any questions, please contact us at anytime.