12 Month/12,000 Mile Nationwide Warranty
Fluid Inspections in Central Texas
Sims Automotive Repair is your go to for quick affordable fluid inspections. We service Copperas Cove, Fort Hood, Harker Heights, Kempner, Killeen, Lampasas and all surrounding areas.
What they do: Engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant and power steering fluid maintain vital parts of your vehicle. Engine oil is necessary for the overall lubrication of your engine. Transmission fluid keeps your transmission running efficiently. Brake fluid assists the braking system by moving force into friction. Antifreeze and coolant keep your engine from overheating and keep the cooling system from freezing in lower temperatures. Finally, power steering fluid helps in the power steering function of your vehicle.
Why service is essential: In order to operate effectively, fluids need to be kept full and free from particles. Each of your fluids should be checked and changed at routine periods to keep them from burning, depleting, or from gathering debris.
If you notice your vehicle leaking fluids, here are a couple of ways to determine exactly where it might be coming from:
- Radiator Fluid can be brilliant green, orange, pink, blue, purple and very slippery.
- Antifreeze, or coolant is unsafe to your pets and humans if consumed. Consuming this fluid creates a major health risk to pets and humans. Antifreeze should be checked with every oil change
- Brake Fluid is a light yellow and can transform to a foggy brownish color scheme when mixed with water. You need to have this fluid changed intermittently to maintain brake safety
- Power steering Fluid has a yellow to brownish tint, it can be inspected and topped off periodically with oil changes.
- Automatic Transmission fluid has a deep-seated red shade on most vehicles. It has a sharp smell and is thick in texture and should be changed about every 50,000 to 80,000 miles depending on the type of transmission fluid you have
- Windshield Washer fluid could be any kind of assortment of colors from brilliant turquoise, orange, pink or yellow. It has the consistency of water and may smell somewhat sweet.
- Motor Oil can be bright or dark brownish. Regularly changed motor oil will certainly be light brown, while old motor oil will certainly be a darker tone.
- Gasoline has a golden hue, yet you may recognize its really distinct smell. It is highly flammable, so avoid any type of open fires.
- Gear oil is generally light brown with a pungent odor
Bring your vehicle in to ensure your vehicles fluids are:
- Filled to the appropriate degree
- Clean and free from particles
- Flushed and changed as needed
Remember to arrange your regular maintenance oil changes and coolant flushes with us to keep your vehicle at its peak performance. Call Sims Automotive Repair soon to book your next fluid inspection.
WHY CHOOSE US?
After being surrounded by automobiles for so many years, we have become at home in the shop. We love what we do, and we hope our pride and passion shines through in all of our work. With 65+ years combined automotive experience, we have a reputation you can trust.
All of our highly skilled technicians are ASE Certified. This means that you can trust us to put your sweet ride back in working order, every single time. The ASE Blue Seal of Excellence is a symbol you can trust, and we put in a ton of time and you can be guaranteed we put the effort into perfecting our craft.
All of our technicians live in and love Texas, just like you. We want every single customer to leave satisfied and drive easy knowing their parts were installed correctly. If you have any doubts, or any questions, please contact us at anytime.